onsdag 25 december 2013

The Man at the Moon Painting - Acrylic on Canvas 81x65 cm

Not untill I got to the half part of the painting, I notices that I had borowed greatly from Caspar Friedrich's The Wanderer above the Fog.
In high school, after learning about the different art tendencies of the eras, technically the Renaissance was my favourite, but the Romanticism struck me emotionally. There has always been a Romantic influence in all of my works.

The way I started with this painting was a different as usual. I use to begin monochrome with a very watered down Ultramarine Blue. This technique is very slow, so I decided to try out another one that is faster but as effective as the old technique. This one consisted in directly defining the colours the painting would have from the beginning, in the old one the colour was one of the last things to define.




After a couple of days I hung the painting on the wall but not satisfied that it was really finished. So I just decided to continue working on other paintings until I could figure out what was missing in this one.
After a week had past I went back to the painting and started to accentuate elements from the background and the foreground, and worked the contrasts which made a huge difference. It's subtle, but but it gave it a personality.


The final result


Purchase this painting today at R4FUsGallery





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar