lördag 22 februari 2014

Megaman / Rockman Fan Art - Acrylic on Paper 40x29 cm

In this Megaman I decided to give the background a bigger role. While I was looking at some screenshots to make another Megaman illustration, I found this one from a GameBoy version and it got me thinking. I liked it from the beginning because a saw all the stuff that could be reworked in a 3D environment, the deep atmosphere and the effects that I could experiment with here got me working on it immediately.

 
The environment here received a huge attention. I spent many days slowly working on it, this couldn't be rushed because I wanted this detailed, mechanical and dirty background.



















After building up the background I continued on the electric bolt. Here I started to make electric noises while painting and humming a Megaman boss fight song.
Some times in the middle of the painting, I would stop for a moment and play the classic Megaman games to try to relive the feelings the game gave me as a child, this would always help me to bring something new to the work.















So after adding some lightning effects and having the background practically finished, I started then to work on the actual character. In contrast to the other Megaman I made, this one felt more "sparkly" and "techy", this gave me the headpoint to make another Megaman in a similar style.
 
The Final Work


 You can purchase this illustration today at R4FUsGallery

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar